Legal Assistant: Melissa Martinez
Legal Assistant to
505 Morris Avenue
Springfield, New Jersey 07081
Phone: (973) 379-4200
Fax: (973) 379-7872
University of Virginia School of Law, LL.B. 1961
Barnard College, B.A., 1958
HON. MARGUERITE T. SIMON (ret.)
In 1984, Judge Simon was appointed as a Judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, with assignments in both the Family Part, Special Civil Part, and Law Division. She was appointed to the Chancery Division in 1997 and named Presiding Judge of Chancery in 1999. Chancery Division assignments included contested election results, ballot and voting issues, and all General Equity matters including corporate and partnership dissolutions, oppressed shareholder cases, receiverships, restrictive covenants, trade secrets, specific performance, constructive trusts, partition cases and oversight of medical emergencies.
Judge Simon retired in 2004, and joined her son’s law firm, The Law Offices of Lawrence M. Simon. She became Counsel to Javerbaum Wurgaft in 2010. Her practice is primarily Alternative Dispute Resolution. She serves as a mediator and arbitrator in private party and court appointed matters. Judge Simon has assisted in the resolution of complex commercial cases, injunctive relief matters, corporate and shareholder proceedings, employment disputes, land use litigation, prerogative writ actions, contested estates and guardianships, election disputes, and other significant litigated matters.
Judge Simon is a Rule 1:40 Qualified Mediator and Mediator Mentor.
Judge Simon is also a member of the New Jersey Chapter of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals.
Judge Simon’s Online Scheduling
To schedule a mediation or arbitration appointment please click your preferred available (blue) date below. You will be contacted by Melissa Martinez within the hour to confirm details of your case.
Please click your preferred available date below to submit an
Appointment Request direct to Judge Simon’s staff…
- Secretary, Essex County Bar Association
- Chair, Criminal Bench-Bar Committee, Essex County Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Criminal Section, New Jersey Association for Justice
- Former Chair, District V-B Ethics Committee
- American Association for Justice
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Presentations & Publications
- Speaker, NJAJ Educational Foundation, “Mediation Advocacy Using Technology” April 26, 2012
- Speaker, N.J.A.J. Educational Foundation, “Mediation Do’s and Don’ts”, April 15, 2011
- Speaker, Bergen County Bar Association, “Mediation Do’s and Don’ts”, June 2010
- Panelist, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Education, “Contested Guardianships: Winning in the Courts”, February, 2010
- Panelist, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Education, “Wrongful Death and Survivorship Actions, Discovery & Trial Update”, November 2008