Alex J. Fajardo is admitted to practice law in New Jersey State and Federal District Courts. He concentrates his practice on nursing and medical malpractice litigation with emphasis on wrongful death, catastrophic injury, negligence, and abuse claims arising in hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, psychiatric facilities, assisted-living facilities, and care homes.
Alex attended the Delaware Law School on a full-tuition scholarship. While there, he earned a Certificate of Achievement in Tort Law, the Outstanding Trial Advocate Award, the Delaware State Bar Alford Excellence Award and served on the Executive Board of the Latin American Law Students’ Association.
Alex is active in the legal community by serving on the Executive Board of the Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey, as Trustee, Finance Director, Treasurer and President Elect. Alex was born in Havana, Cuba and speaks Spanish fluently. His immigrant experience fuels his dedication to serving clients of all walks of life and his appreciation for a legal system that operates on principles of justice and the rule of law.
- Florida International University, 2011, B.A., Highest Honors
- Delaware Law School, 2014, J.D., Certificate of Achievement - Tort Law; Outstanding Trial Advocate Award
- New Jersey State Bar
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Mercer County Bar Association - Co-chair of Affinity Bar Committee
- Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey - Board of Trustees, Designee to the New Jersey Supreme Court's Committee on Diversity Inclusion and Community Engagement , Treasurer, Finance Director, President Elect
- Hispanic National Bar Association - Regional President 2022-2023
- Co-Chair, Mental Education & Nurturing Through Engagement (M.E.N.T.E.) Conference. Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey. October 10, 2023; May 17, 2022; May 18, 2021
- Speaker, Cultural Competency and the Practice of Law. 2022 NJAJ Meadowlands Seminar. November 17, 2022.
- Moderator, Metele M.E.N.T.E. Mi Gente: Well-Being for Latinx Legal Professionals. Hispanic National Bar Association Annual Convention. September 9, 2022.
- Moderator, Legal Issues Specific to Hispanic/Latinx Clients, Litigants, and Professionals. Stark & Stark CLE Webinar. October 14, 2021.
- Featured, Nursing Home Residents at Risk: Study Finds Significant Understaffing in 75% of Skilled Nursing Facilities. The National Law Review, July 22, 2019.
- Presenter, Immigration and Elder Healthcare Law Forum. Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey. July 16, 2019.
Alex has served on the Boards of Paul Robeson Charter School in Trenton, NJ, Las América ASPIRA Academy Charter School in Newark, DE and The Hispanic Family Center of Southern New Jersey, in Camden. Alex taught English as a second language to adults at the Latin American Community Center of Wilmington, DE, as a volunteer for over four years.