Mr. Cheifetz has been practicing all phases of family law for over 40 years. In addition to litigation of family law matters, Mr. Cheifetz has provided divorce mediation and arbitration services as well as having served as an expert witness on New Jersey family law in various State and Federal Courts.
- george washington university, 1976, B.A.
- New York Law School, 1979, J.D.
- New Jersey State Bar
- Diplomate, American College of Family Trial Attorneys
- Past President, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Past Chair, New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Executive Committee
- Former Adjunct Professor of Law, Seton Hall University Law School
- Past President, Essex County Bar Association
- Recipient, Gerald B. O'Connor Award by New Jersey Association for Justice
- Recipient, Saul Tischler Award for Career Achievement in Family Law from the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Recipient, Distinguished Service Award for Excellence in Continuing Legal Education from NJICLE
- Recipient, Essex County Bar Association Family Law Achievement Award
- Past Chair, Essex County Bar Association Family Law Executive Committeee
- Former Co Managing Editor of the New Jersey Family Lawyer, Ranked by Chambers, Guide to Family Lawyers: High Net Worth Individuals, Best Lawyers in America, Matrimonial Lawyers Alliance, Superlawyers
Mr. Cheifetz serves as Secretary of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Foundation, a national charity focusing on improving the lives of parents and children undergoing divorce, separation or domestic violence.