Drake Bearden’s practice focuses on representing individuals and families in Employment and Civil Rights matters. He has spent his entire career representing Plaintiffs in these matters. Drake is Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney. This is a designation granted by the New Jersey Supreme Court to attorneys who are able to demonstrate sufficient levels of experience, education, knowledge and skill in civil practice.
Drake has litigated hundreds of Employment and Civil Rights cases obtaining tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for individuals. He has tried numerous Employment and Civil Rights cases to verdict and obtained multiple six-figure-plus verdicts for plaintiffs. Those verdicts include an $11.8 million dollar verdict in 2017 in a New Jersey Law Against Discrimination case, one of the largest verdicts awarded in the State of New Jersey that year for any type of case according to the New Jersey Law Journal Top N.J. Verdicts and Settlements.
Drake is a member of several legal associations including the New Jersey Association for Justice (“NJAJ”), the New Jersey State Bar Association (“NJSBA”), the National Employment Lawyer’s Association (“NELA”) New Jersey Chapter, and the Garden State Bar Association (“GSBA”). He sits on the Board of Governors for NJAJ and is a member of the NJSBA Labor and Employment Section’s Executive Committee. Drake has lectured at dozens of seminars on employment litigation, civil rights and trial tactics for the NJAJ and NJSBA.
Drake graduated from Temple University cum laude with a Bachelor’s of Art in Journalism. He then graduated from Temple University’s Beasley School of Law, where he completed the School’s Nationally Ranked trial advocacy program.
Drake has been named a Rising Star and then Super Lawyer by New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine every year since 2014. He has also been selected as a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Temple University, 2005, B.A., Cum Laude
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2009, J.D.
- New Jersey State Bar
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- New Jersey District Court
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney
- New Jersey Association for Justice - Board of Governors
- New Jersey Association for Justice - Co-chair of Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association - Labor and Employment Law Section Executive Committee
- Garden State Bar Association - Co-chair of Labor and Employment Section
- National Employment Lawyers Association, New Jersey - member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum - Member
- New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Star and then Super Lawyer 2014-current
- New Jersey Top Verdicts 2017
Coach for Bordentown Little League, Coach for Bordentown FC (soccer), Member of Christ Church in Howell, NJ