Phone: (973) 379-4200
Fax: (973) 379-7872
Eric G. Kahn
Managing Shareholder / Partner
Mr. Kahn is a Certified Civil Trial Attorney, Past President of the New Jersey Association for Justice, Current President of the North jersey Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, and a Member of the International Society of Barristers. His practice includes representing victims of sexual abuse, motor vehicle, truck and bus accident victims, construction site accident cases, medical malpractice cases, claims against public entities, and claims brought under the Federal Tort Claims Act, including personal injury cases against the Untied States Postal Service.
Notably, Mr. Kahn represented five construction workers in a lawsuit against a co-worker who cheated them out of their share of a Mega Millions Lottery jackpot, and obtained a $20 million dollar jury verdict in their favor. He also represented a high school student who was assaulted in school by another student, and severely injured, and obtained a $16 million jury verdict in his favor. He was also involved in defending Molly Wei, one of the Rutgers students charged with invasion of privacy in the Tyler Clementi caser, in defense of the criminal charges brought against her. More recently, he was involved in a settlement for multiple victims of childhood sexual abuse of over $34 million dollars, and a settlement for a motor vehicle accident against the United States Postal Service for $4,900,000.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Kahn is a Trustee of Partners for Women and Justice, an organization dedicated to providing legal services to victims of domestic violence, an Ambassador Board Member of Connect One Bank, and is on the Leadership Council for the United Negro College Fund. He also actively volunteers his time to Central Jersey Legal Services, providing pro bono representation to those in need, and was a recipient of the Equal Justice Medal for Major Contributions to Pro Bono Clients awarded by Legal Services of New Jersey in June 2019.
Mr. Kahn is the firm’s managing Shareholder.
- Haverford College, 1990 B.A.
- Rutgers Law School - Newark, 1993 J.D.
- New Jersey State Bar
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Federal District Court of New Jersey
- United States Federal Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey Law Journal's List of New Jersey Trailblazers - August 2019
- Equal Justice Medal for Major Contributions to Pro Bono Clients - Legal Services of New Jersey (LSNJ) - June 2019
- President, North Jersey Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) - December 2018 to December 2020
- Amicus Advocate Award - New Jersey Association for Justice (NJAJ) - March 2019
- Union County/Central Jersey Legal Services Pro Bono Attorney of the Year - October 2018
- Member - International Society of Barristers (ISOB) - April 2015
- New Jersey Monthly's Super Lawyers - 2007 to 2020 (Top 100 from 2012 to 2015)
- President - New Jersey Association for Justice (NJAJ) - June 2017 to 2018
- President - Union County Bar Association (UCBA) - 2013
Library of New Jersey Personal Injury Forms – New Jersey Law Journal Book Series – October 2006
Library of New Jersey Personal Injury Forms – New Jersey Law Journal Book Series – 2nd Edition – September 2014
Trustee - Partners for Women and Justice
Ambassador Board - Connect One Bank
Leadership Council - United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
Past President - Florham Park Athletic Foundation (FPAF)
Former Board Member - Florham Park Jaycees