Phone: (201) 464-5155
Fax: (201) 343-4335
Being certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney, Francisco J. Rodriguez represents clients in a broad spectrum of personal injury matters including medical malpractice, nursing home malpractice, sexual abuse, mass torts, Federal Tort Claims Act cases, and automobile accidents.
SuperLawyers named him a New Jersey Super Lawyer Rising Star from 2006 to 2008 and then a New Jersey Super Lawyer from 2009 to the present. In 2015, SuperLawyers named him one of the top 100 lawyers in the State of New Jersey. He was the president of the New Jersey Association for Justice, which is New Jersey premier association for educating lawyers to be better trial attorneys and advocates for the right to a trial by jury and for the rights of consumers, from 2013-2014. On June 10, 2016, Mr. Rodriguez was sworn in for a three-year term as a National Governor for the American Association of Justice representing the New Jersey Association for Justice, and he continues to serve in that role today.
During the course of his career, Mr. Rodriguez has successfully represented children who suffered brain damage from obstetrical malpractice and blindness from neonatal malpractice, and patients who have been injured due to other forms of hospital, physician and nursing errors, including the failure to timely diagnose breast, rectal, colon, and lung cancer, the performance of unnecessary surgeries, and surgical mistakes . He represented many patients who have suffered spinal and neurological injuries from surgery. He has obtained compensation for patients in nursing homes and rehabilitation facilities with pressure sores, medication overdoses and broken bones. He represents adults and children who were the victims of abuse and neglect. Mr. Rodriguez has helped many clients in need receive significant monetary compensation, having obtained tens of millions of dollars in compensation for his clients.
Mr. Rodriguez has also successfully represented clients who have been injured in significant motor vehicle cases, having achieved a multi-million dollar award for a woman who was a passenger in a limousine struck by a tractor trailer.
Mr. Rodriguez wrote the appellate briefs in Jump v. Facelle, 275 A.D.2d 345, 712 N.Y.S.2d 162 (App. Div. 2d Dep’t 2000), which is the most cited case on proving proximate causation in New York State.
The New Jersey Supreme Court certified Mr. Rodriguez as a civil trial attorney since 2007. The New Jersey Supreme Court also appointed him to the New Jersey Supreme Court Board on Attorney Certification – Civil Trial Law Certification Committee in 2012, where he continues to oversee the certification of attorneys for civil trial practice. The New Jersey Supreme Court also appointed him to the Supreme Court Committee on Model Civil Jury Charges in 2011, where he had helped to revise the many instructions that judges give to juries in civil cases. He was also appointed to the New Jersey Supreme Court’s Working Group on Business Litigation in 2013. The United States District Court for the District of New Jersey appointed Mr. Rodriguez to serve on two Merit Selection Panels to make recommendations to the District Court for the hiring of three United States Magistrate Judges. Finally, in 2010 he was appointed to be Co-Liaison Counsel for the Yaz, Yasmin and Ocella Mass Tort litigation by the New Jersey Superior Court.
Additionally, Mr. Rodriguez lectures multiple times per year on civil practice issues for various bar organizations including the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, the New Jersey Association for Justice, the American Association for Justice and the Southern Trial Lawyers Association.
Born in Camaguey, Cuba, Mr. Rodriguez came to the United States with is parents as a young child and grew up in Paterson, New Jersey. He has a B.A. cum laude in political science from Rutgers College and graduated from New York University School of Law. He has been admitted to the bars of New Jersey, New York and the United States District Court for the Districts of New Jersey, Southern District of New York and Eastern District of New York. He is fluent in Spanish.
- Rutgers College, 1992 B.A.
- New York University School of Law, 1995 J.D.
- New Jersey State Bar
- New York State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- President, New Jersey Association for Justice, 2013-2014
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney since 2007
- National Governor elected from New Jersey to American Association for Justice Board of Governors since 2016
- Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Board on Attorney Certification – Civil Trial Law Certification Committee since 2012
- Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Commitee on Model Civil Jury Charges since 2011
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocacy-Northern New Jersey since 2016
- Member, Hudson County Bar Association since 2015
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association since 1995
- General Counsel, Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey since 2017
- Howard S. Richman & Francisco J. Rodriguez, Using the Internet to Win Your Next Medical Negligence Case, 11 ATLA PROF. NEG. REP. 137 (1996).
- Francisco J. Rodriguez, A Lawyer’s Battles with the HMOs, THE VERDICT at 18 (April 1998).
- L. S. Goldsmith & Francisco J. Rodriguez, Medical Malpractice, in GENERAL PRACTICE IN NEW YORK (West 1998).
- Francisco J. Rodriguez, Automobile Insurance Reform: A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing, The Verdict at 31 (January 1999).
Mr. Rodriguez resides in Hackensack, New Jersey with his wife and daughter, and has volunteered in city government as a long-time member of the Zoning Board of Adjustment and Local Assistance Board. He is a member of Christ Church in Hackensack. He was also elected a Hackensack Board of Education Trustee from 2005-2008.