Joan A. Lovell
Joan Lovell principally represents businesses in transactional and litigated matters.
Joan Lovell has represented management in employment for matters over 35 years. She has handled a wide range employment matters, from day to day advice for management and human resource departments to defending employment lawsuits. She has successfully represented management in federal and state court trials, before juries and judges, as well as before many state and federal administrative agencies.
Her areas of expertise include counseling employers in diverse areas of employment law such as employment agreements and restrictive covenants, and complying with laws against discrimination, harassment, family leave, disability, wage and hour compliance, performance evaluations, drug and alcohol use, employee privacy, workplace investigations and violence.
Joan Lovell has years of experience in preparing documents and workplace policies such as:
• Employment Offer Letters
• Family Leave Policies and compliance
• Employment Agreements
• Performance Evaluations
• Confidentiality Agreements
• Disciplinary Letters and Notices
• Restrictive Covenants
• Termination Letters
• Intellectual Property Policies
• Severance Agreements
• Arbitration Agreements
• Background Check Policies • WARN Act Notices
• Employment Handbooks
• FMLA Notices
• Computer and electronic device policies
• Workplace Violence Policies
While Joan has extensive experience in employment litigation, her goal is to help clients negotiate the constantly changing field of employment law, and help clients avoid litigation.
- Wellesley College, 1972, B.A.
- Rutgers Law School, Newark, 1976, J.D.
- New Jersey State Bar
- New York State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association