Javerbaum Wurgaft represents clients in many kinds of business transactions ranging from simple business formations to complex acquisitions and divestitures. By way of illustration, Javerbaum Wurgaft has:
- Taken a computer peripheral manufacturer from initial incorporation through several rounds of private placements, a public offering and ultimately a sale to a manufacturing conglomerate.
- Represented several different roll-up acquirers in numerous acquisitions and thereafter in the sale of the combined companies.
- Represented a multinational chemical company in a Bankruptcy Court acquisition of a strategic manufacturing facility.
- Represented a medical instrument manufacturer in its sale to a major pharmaceutical company.
- Represented many privately held companies in connection with bank borrowing and most particular with asset based loans.
- Represented the management of several public companies in connection with proxy contests.
Much of our corporate practice involves contract work. Javerbaum Wurgaft lawyers negotiate and draft many different types of contracts on behalf of our clients such as supply chain agreements, distribution agreements, employment agreements, licensing agreements, non-competition agreements, confidentiality agreements, manufacturing agreements and general business agreements.
Our belief is that a few hours spent drafting, reviewing and negotiating contract provisions can be a very wise investment for our clients. For instance, when representing a seller in a commercial sales transaction, the inclusion provisions barring consequential damages, limiting warranty coverage, limiting remedies and requiring the arbitration of disputes in a contract may result in large savings to the client should a dispute develop.
Providing regular counsel to a diverse group of business entities, from large national and international companies to closely held family businesses, we are prepared to take on a broad range of issues. To get a better sense as to what Javerbaum Wurgaft can do for your business, see our Practice Areas relevant to your business.